Monday, June 30, 2008

What's up Singapore?

Following up on my rant on our train service. I wanna share with you 3 encounters I had on our trains. What's up Singapore? Seriously, what the?

Encounter 1
I was coming home from a game of basketball and was still in my gear as I was too lazy to bathe or change. As you know, basketball attire is kind of airy with large gaping holes for sleeves. So as I was standing in the crowded train, I felt something like a hand feeling my back. I thought I was standing too close to someone and they just defending their space. But then, I felt the hand move. I turned around but found no one suspicious enough to shout at. What's up Singapore?

Encounter 2
I had gotten on the train and found a seat. The standard singaporean behavious was to blast on the mp3 and pretend to sleep. I wasn't sleeping though. Anyway, the train stopped and passengers got on. This malay uncle, who looks old and is fat, walked in and towards my direction. I was intending to do the kind thing and give up my seat after I had selected my playlist and put my mp3 player in my bag. Hey, guess what? Before I could get up, he turned his fat ass and started to seat down. I felt his heavy ass on my thighs and had no choice but push him up before relenting my seat. What's up Singapore?

Encounter 3
I was transferring trains from one line to another. Basically, all you need to do is walk across the platform. The standard Singaporean method of transferring trains is to run across the platform as if your life depended on getting on that particular train. I normally make it just in time before the door closes. Anyway, I was getting to my train and the door was closing. The entrance is crowded as usualy because people in the centre of the carriage normally have smelly armpits or fat asses as they seem to have a perimeter built around them. Just before I stepped into the carriage, this indian man, possibly a foreign worker due to his dressing, overtook me and literally used 2 hands to push me out of the train so he could squeeze onto the remaining 10cm by 10cm space left. The door closed and the train left. I was still on the platform. What's up Singapore?

No comments: