Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Reflex-ology

Reflex-ology is the art being able to react to any situation in any circumstance. I admire the masters of reflex-ology. People like Jesus, who no matter what shit others throw at him including the devil himself, is yet able to turn the situation around into a valuable teaching point. Great formula drivers have fantastic reflexes but I feel the great masters are the WRC drivers. You see, they have to bother with so much more than just pure speed down the straights, or powering out of a corner. Those things do bother them. But it is the fact that they have those things on their mind while at the same time managing the transmission, while at the same time listening and deciphering the rapid orders given by their co-drivers, while at the same time driving on some of the most unforgiving roads ever. Whao. As much a mouthful as it is a mind-full. I wonder if I can ever be that good at what I do. To be able to turn every situation, no matter how shitty, into an advantageous position. I think even the great masters worry, but it is the fact that they remain calm in the situation that enables them to think of a solution even faster than we can say "oh shit!" The word shit to them is solely used for explaining defacation and not like how a lot of us use it to explain almost every scenario laid before us. I have some reflex-ology models before me. I hope I can be one too.

No comments: