Saturday, September 6, 2008

Who I am.


People have facades or faces which they hide behind. There is the work face, the home face, the religious face and then there's the many different faces for different groups of friends. That is quite a bit to keep up. I do not think I am different. We like living in split personalities so that we can get the best out of all situations. Or at least we try to get the best out of every situation. Everyone tries but there can only be so many winners. So I asked myself who am I really? Actually, the pastor asked us to ask ourselves this question last week.

I sum myself up into 3 parts, 1.mind, 2.body, 3.soul.

1.Mind
My mind is too fast for myself. I sometimes think too far ahead and make decisions even before I can rationalise things. Thankfully, my mouth is still not as fast as my mind. But it is still too fast. I have made so many retarded comments that I wished I could have retracted but alas the damage has already been done.

2.Body
If my mind is fast, then my body is not too far behind. I move around alot and do my stuff quickly, although I can improve by moving faster on the soccer pitch. I guess I have a little ADHD. I've been trying to keep still for a very long time, but it is difficult when I feel there is so much to be done.

3.Soul
Lastly, my soul is way too slow for the rest. I often describe to people that my feet are moving fast trying to catch up with my mind and thoughts, and all this while my soul is still stuck somewhere at home trying to wake up. I do not appreciate the fast track life. Earn a bit less, live with a little less luxury but I get a whole lot more time to myself to just bum and do what I like. Maybe only then can I slow down and keep still.

No comments: