Sunday, September 14, 2008

In search of an epiphany part 2 day 4


Woke up intending to swim but did not. Questioned my reasoning for wanting to swim. Could not answer myself. Had to console myself with the fact that I hated the cold water.

We spent the day with Sinh Cafe at Mekong delta My Tho-Ben Tre tour. I think Sinhcafe is more fun for younger people compared to Saigontourist. Large group 2 buses. Saw all sorts of nationalities. Most irritating was a haseo family. Particularly rude boy and father. Singlish came in second especially during the rain when the aunty wanted the boat to turn back so she could return to shore. Siao. Just because you are wet. You were wearing raincoat. I had no cover. Very fun to see more people. Mekong was really nice. Slow and calm yet secretly bustling with activity. I want to be like Mekong Delta. Slow and calm on the outside yet my mind is able to work continuously.

Had the Banh Xeo at last. Cannot describe the taste, except nice. Don't ask me about the flavour. I was stumped for quite a while.

Came back and went for steamboat dinner. Nice as always with our benefactor. After that, we were chaffeured to the biggest disco in Saigon. No shit. Style and class which we really did not deserve. However, I learnt something. People in Saigon are like me. Haha. No dancing. just stationary momentary movement of body parts in sync with extremely bass-y house or big beat music. The Ah-beng in me was re-born for a while. That was until Yuki's bored face made us switch to the Hip Hop floor. Still the same. Stationary momentary movements of body parts.

No comments: