Wednesday, September 10, 2008

In search of an epiphany part 2 day 1

In Saigon, Vietnam.

Started the day very early. We wanted to catch the cheap bird so we did not have much of a choice (2 choices) that the tiger gave to us. Naturally, we took the earlier bird to fully utilise our time.

We were picked up and totally did not feel like backpackers. The large backpack was a total facade. The room is far from budget. Our video should explain. But our reason I cannot.



Our first stop was to get essentials. However, after a short visit to the local supermarket, our mindset changed. What is the point of travelling to another country when there is no change? We decided to do like how it should be done. We were already blessed with the room. That was more than enough. The simple act of seeing the price tag of an umbrella made us realise our reason for the trip. We didn't come here to live like how we live back home.

After a few futile attempts to contact our benefactor, we decided to walk it out. Taking photographs in a country where motorbike zoom past you with no apparent care can be quite harrowing. After a while, I hid my camera for my own psychological health. I just feel like my camera will be stolen whenever I try to keep it after a photograph. It makes taking photographs so difficult. Mentally.

Food wise? That's the reason why I came back. Pho.

No comments: