Thursday, July 31, 2008

in search of an epiphany


It suddenly dawned on me that I have been looking and pursuing in the wrong direction for quite a while now. Are the treasure that I seek truly those that I deserve? Then again, so what if I deserve those treasures? Are those treasure meant for me? Are the treasures the right treasures? I begin to ask myself these questions as I seek now to fill up the void in my train of thoughts. What once seemed so clear has become hazy as the reality of social conflict hit me so hard I hardly had time to breathe.

An epiphany is defined by dictionary.com as a sudden, intuitive perception of or insight into the reality or essential meaning of something, usually initiated by some simple, homely, or commonplace occurrence or experience. I think that's what I need now. I need to fill the voidness in my life with a sense of direction. No matter how hard you argue, you simply cannot drive a car without direction. Even going around the neighbourhood with nowhere in mind has a venue, has an objective. Eventually, you arrive at a destination, be it due to a lack of petrol or simply because that is where you were meant to be.

I'm at half tank now. However, the choices of pump stations are plenty and the new problem is now choosing a pump station. Hopefully, when I fill up my tank, I will receive directions to where I'm heading.

No comments: