Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Which is the more fundamental truth?

I attended a bible exposition today and it was very interesting. I was super impressed with what I believed was the take-home message. Here's how it went in my mind.

Question: Why are some people born so beautiful, athletic, attractive, smart, etc etc?
Answer 1: Its due to their genetic set-up and cultural upbringing.
Answer 2: God has blessed them.
The truth is both answers are true. But which is the more fundamental truth?

Question: Why do the nicest people in the world sometimes have the lousiest luck?
Answer 1: Nice guys finish last. Dog eat dog. They didn't take their opportunity when it was laid before them.
Answer 2: Satan is behind their demise.
Answer 3: God sanctioned it to strengthen their faith.
Again, all answers can be true. But which is the more fundamental truth?

It is not as if the other is less fundamentally true compared to the other. It is just which is more. The exposition is really stimulating my thinking. It gives me a different perspective of looking at things.

No comments: