Sunday, November 9, 2008

Pursuit of emptiness


Recently, I have been introduced to many concepts of filling up my free time. It is very true that my cup is currently half filled and I wish to fill it to the max. I have only 1 mortal life so why live it half empty. My anxiety over potential future events have caused my eyes to stray and given me plenty sleepless nights. My insomnia is filled with questions over the same things. How to fill the cup?
But I cannot bring my self to fill up my cup with just about anything. Filling it up with honey will make the drink sweet. Filling it up with cereals will make my stomach feel good and full. There are so many options but my stomach is at odds as to which will make it happy. While it is tempting to drink coke, it may not be the wisest idea.
At the end of the day, I do not want to be left empty.If I keep procrastinating and not wanting to fill the cup, it will forever be empty. When will that time be? I've been known to delay my purchases until the word purchase becomes invalid. I cannot let that be the norm.

No comments: