Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Remembering the foods that everyone forgets

I see on my table bread that has been left for a bit too long.
Often, we end up throwing away food that was actually really decent. Yes yes, people in 3rd world countries are suffering while we mindlessly waste food. But that is not my point of comment. We are always smarter hindsightedly. If nothing goes wrong, no one bothers with the details. Fine details that actually affect our futures. When I buy a loaf of bread, I tend to go for the large loaf for its value, believing I can actually find time to finish it. But I will forget to buy the spread. In other words, I end up not eating as much as I could because I was too lazy to bother to get the spread.

I think certain things are beginning to come back to me. I was once shamefully proud of being perpetually depressed as some may remember. I have since worked really hard to break out of that. It is still a work in progress as no one I believe can achieve perfect happiness all the time. We have our setbacks and we have to learn to deal with them. Anyway, now I have some people telling me they are perpetually depressed. That really rings a bell with me. I tell them my story and how I'm trying to break out of it. But it is not working, I think.

Today, I remember the foods I have since forgotten and how it has affected everyone. There is a consequence to everything. Be sure of what you are buying. Someone needs to eat it. Do not spoil their meal.

1 comment:

kimi said...

the bread looks like mouldy cheese...